View LIVE Video on your PC!
With X10's MultiView Video Surveillance Software, you can view up to four X10 cameras from one screen and "zoom" any camera for LIVE video. With MultiView, you can control many surveillance features such as how fast to refresh images, when and where to save images, or even an advanced motion detection capability. This software takes video surveillance to a new level and gives you peace of mind by allowing you to monitor your home at all times from the convenience of your PC.
Since you can't and probably don't want to be in front of PC all the time, you can place MultiView in sleep mode. MultiView allows you to set up X10 motion sensors with your cameras. As soon as motion is detected, MulitView activates and starts saving snapshots (up to 1 second intervals) from the camera. Since MultiView is customizable, you can set the software to take as many snapshots as you want per motion detection. For example, you can set MultiView to take snapshots every 2 seconds for 20 seconds once motion is detected. Then when you are at your computer, simply click on a button to view all the images!
Benefits & Uses
- LIVE Monitoring: Check on your entire home from one location. Easy to click to view LIVE Action! Turn your PC into a powerful monitoring station!
- Work on your regular PC activities while MultiView runs in the background. Simply minimize MultiView until you need it.
- Works while you're away from home. Whenever you're at work or away from home, simply put MultiView in sleep mode. It will then activate any time the motion detectors are triggered on your surveillance system (motion detectors are not included in this package). When you're at home, view all the time-stamped images so that you have the evidence and know exactly what happened while you were away!
- Works with X10's Wireless Cameras! It's easy to monitor your entire home - wirelessly! Unlike other web cams, you can use X10's wireless cameras and MultiView to monitor any room within 100 feet of your computer. Typical web cams require a cable connection to your PC, only allowing you monitor one room!
- Works with X10's Firecracker Home Automation Kit! Use MultiView to turn on and off your appliances remotely and watch it happen from your PC. Not enough light in a room for your camera? Simply click a button and turn on the light in that room! (Requires a PC interface and lamp module)
- Windows 98 SE, Windows ME or Windows 2000
- 200 MHz Pentium or faster
- 64MB RAM or more
- Working USB ports
- Working Sound Card (optional)
- X10 USB live! PC Video/USB Adapter (model VA11A)
- X10 Wireless Camera(s) - Version 1.0 supports only 4 cameras at once.
- X10 Transceiver Module
- *High speed Internet connection (128 KBps upstream or better) is preferred, though not required
- Other: X10 PC Receiver and X10 EagleEye Motion Detector - Required for Motion Detection